Place an Online Order of bikes! This is becoming increasingly popular due to the fact that there are no warehouse or shop costs, making it even more affordable!
You might be worried about not being able to ride your bike before you can try it. I assure you that it is possible. This is what salesmen will tell you to make more money! It is important to test your bike before you buy it. FALSE!
Why? This is because it’s only sold by people who are aware that there are good bikes available online. There are many ways to find a quality bike. Let me show you. If you don’t know how to measure a bicycle, please read the METHODS section.
You feel more confident. It’s possible. Actually, there are six methods to measure. There are two options: You can use or calculate the below bike-size charts. Measurements are taken from the point where the seat posts meet the crank. These are the details to help you decide what size bike you need.
Let’s start with the easiest
Method One: Bike Height Chart – The Easiest
Your height / Bike Size
- 4’11” – 5’3″ = 13 – 15 inches
- 5’3″ – 5’7″ = 15 – 16 inches
- 5’7″ – 5’11” = 16 – 17 inches
- 6’0″ – 6’2″ = 17 – 19 inches
- 6’2″ – 6’4″ = 19 – 21 inches
- 6’4″ and taller = 21+ inches
Method 2: Calculating the bike’s size
- Stand with your legs spread about 15-20 cm (6-8″) from the ground. Take a measurement of the distance from the ground to the top of your crotch.
- Make sure you choose the right type of bike for you: mountain bike, city bike, or road bike. You can read about the different bike types from here.
- You can now use your calculator to calculate the correct size.
City bike – Leg inseam (cm) x0,685= Your frame size
Mountain bike- Leg inseam (cm), x0,66= Your frame size
Road bike – Leg inseam (cm) x0,70= Your frame size
If your leg inseam measures 76cm, your mountain bike size is 50cm (20″), road bike 53cm, and city bike 52cm (if so, your right mountain bike is 50cm (20″).
Third Method: Bike Size Chart (advanced):
Mountain bike size chart
|Rider height||Leg inseam||Suggested Frame Size|
|4`10”-5`1”||148-158 cm||24-29”||61-73 cm||< 14″||XS|
|5`1″-5`5″||158-168 cm||25-30”||63-76 cm||15” / 16″||S|
|5`5″-5`9″||168-178 cm||26-31”||66-78 cm||16” / 17″||M|
|5`9″-6`0″||178-185 cm||27`-32`||68-81 cm||17″ / 18″||L|
|6`0″-6`3″||185-193 cm||28`-33`||71-83 cm||18″ / 19″||XL|
|6`1″-6`6″||193-198 cm||29`-34`||73-86 cm||19″ +||XXL|
City bike (Applicable for commuter and hybrid bike also) size chart
|Rider height||Leg inseam||Suggested Frame Size|
|4`10”-5`1”||147-155 cm||24-29”||61-73 cm||14”||XS|
|5`1`-5`5`||155-165 cm||25-30”||63-76 cm||15”||S|
|5`5`-5`9`||165-175 cm||26-31”||66-78 cm||16”||M|
|5`9`-6`0`||175-183 cm||27`-32`||68-81 cm||17″||L|
|6`0`-6`3`||183-191 cm||28`-33`||71-83 cm||18″||XL|
|6`1`-6`6`||191-198 cm||29`-34`||73-86 cm||19″||XXL|
Road bike size chart
|Rider height||Suggested frame size|
|4`10”-5`0”||148-152 cm||47-48 cm||XXS|
|5`0″-5`3″||152-160 cm||49-50 cm||XS|
|5`3″-5`6″||160-168 cm||51-52-53 cm||S|
|5`6″-5`9″||168-175 cm||54-55 cm||M|
|5`9″-6`0″||175-183 cm||56-57-58 cm||L|
|6`0″-6`3″||183-191 cm||58-59-60 cm||XL|
|6`3″-6`6″||191-198 cm||61-62-63 cm||XXL|
To make it simple – Bicycle Guiders’ bike size graph.
Did you find the right size?
That’s great! Now, go cycling!
Please Note : Frame sizes available from XXS-XXL. Manufacturers may not use the same terminology. These sizes, like on clothes, show current model sizes.
Now the extra four from seven
- Forth Method : Competitive Cyclist Fit Calculator.
- Fifth Method: Jenson USA Bike Fit Calculator (Beta)
- Sixth Method: Amazon Fit Guide
- Seventh Method: Professional Bike Fitting Service – Order From Amazon!
The right saddle height has a very important role. It should not be too low or you will have less power. In mountain bike racing, I’ve experienced it. My force is affected by the saddle being one inch lower than normal. I lose 25-50% of it. I should stop, let the group go and then fix it. I lose 15 seconds. You can even advance to the next group. The right saddle height is important and it have a big role.
The easiest way to do it is to
- Keep your back against the wall. Sit on the bike with your elbow on it.
- Place your leg to the Lowest point. But parallel to the ground.
- You can move your saddle up and down until you are satisfied with the position and have a nice bend behind your knee. You should aim for something between 30 and 35 degrees, but don’t waste your time trying to find the perfect angle.
Test Drive with this. Is it good? If it does not feel good, you can adjust. You can also adjust the seat forward and back.
But, which brand should you buy? Check out our to recommendations.
Caution: Mark it with a sharp object if you have the correct height. This is the most accurate size chart you will ever find. Some bikes are marked with centimeters. Keep this in mind.
What if I got my bike size wrong?
Ask your merchant if you can return your bike to him so he can get the correct one. You can also do the following things, if you don’t wish to return. These are the things:
- Your saddle can be moved to the front or back
- You can buy a shorter or longer stem. It can alter your body position
- Purchase a longer seat post
It will take some time for you to feel the right feeling. When I was 29, I still remember the feeling. It was like riding in a ship, and it felt difficult to get on board in narrow trails in the forest. Now I find myself laughing every time I ride a 26-inch mountain bike.